- Water softeners remove minerals, like calcium and magnesium, which cause hard water. This is achieved through a process called ionic exchange.
- Calcium and magnesium minerals are replaced with soft minerals potassium and sodium.
- The advantage of water softeners is they can extend the life of your water-using appliances, your plumbing and even your clothes.
- With a water softener, you also don’t need to use as much soap when doing dishes, laundry or bathing, as you do if you have hard water.
- High efficiency, resulting in lower salt consumption
- Uses small amounts of electricity
- Provides soft water
- Saves on detergents
- Makes skin softer
- Protects pipes and adds life to your appliances by reducing scale build up
- The Evolution SS reduces the buildup of lime scale, calcium, and magnesium, the chalky substance you see in dried hard water spots, as well as other chemicals.
- The Evolution SS is NOT a softener. The system works by altering the chemical structure of water minerals with the use of physical water treatment, using T.A.C., which prevents solids from depositing in pipes and water-using fixtures.
- Some features about the salt-free Evolution SS are that it does not waste water the way water softeners do.
- The Evolution SS does not use electricity, costs less to operate and does not require much maintenance.
- Conditioned water from the Evolution SS doesn’t have the “slippery” feel you get from a water softener, which can be undesirable, depending on your preference.
- Salt Free option
- Reduces scale build-up
- Provides Conditioned water
- Makes water taste better
- No electricity used
- Zero waste water
How Scale Prevention System Works
The Evolution SS uses a patented Template Assisted Crystallization Media (T.A.C.) which influences the atomic structure of the water using a physical water treatment. Physical water treatment systems (PWT) are alternative ways to treat water in order to prevent the damage caused by hard water scale.
Atomic level particles on the surface of the TAC media act as catalysts and reduce the ability of water molecules to prevent calcium, magnesium and bicarbonate ions from coming together to form crystals of calcium and magnesium scale. The advantages of these technologies are that they help the environment.
They do not include a salt backwash or discharge into the wastewater systems. Among the physical water treatment systems, template assisted crystallization (TAC) excels in scale prevention and meets even the most stringent environmental standards.
Limitations of Evolution SS Systems
In some cases the Evolution SS system may not be the solution to your water treatment needs. Private well’s should always be tested to determine what (if any) water treatment is necessary.
In cases of extremely hard water a conventional water softener or an Eliminator water conditioner maybe a better water treatment solution for your needs. Please consult a Water Tec treatment specialist for best results.